Do you ever feel tired of getting another boring speeding ticket? But, at the same time you never get tired of that well-known feeling coming from the thrill of a high speed driving experience? Well, now there is a solution how you can succeed in both.
We offer you 10 awesome tips how to avoid speeding tickets from Richard Diamond, the managing editor at The Washington Times. So, next time when you hop in your car, just start the engine, push the pedal to the metal and burn that gasoline all away!
1. The very first and most important thing is to have awareness for the situation. For example, if traffic slows, maybe there is a good reason for that. So why be unnecessarily nervous? Think it over
2. Always be prepared for anything. Keep in mind that there are always speed traps, hidden cameras etc everywhere. So, why take any chance?
3. Keep a low profile—don not drive any unnecessary attention to yourself. In the slow lane a red Ferrari is more likely to get a speeding ticket than a minivan.
4. Keep it silent. Don’t make a big deal of it. If a police officer stops you, just give him your driver’s license and registration and insurance card, and that’s it. Above all, be nice, polite and respectful. After that, you can continue your driving in a relaxed way.
5. Fight for justice with every speeding ticket you get. Do not accept the ticket as your final punishment. For example, there are cases in court when attacks on the legality of the sign for speed-limit have worked. Also attacking based on the chain of evidence has been known to work.
6. Get into the process of serious speeding ticket fight. Important thing is the technical calibration of the radar, because usually the radar evidence is acceptable, presuming calibration. However, there are some states, where automatically any laser speeding ticket is thrown out because there is no possible calibration.
7. Check over the MUTCD. There is a way how you can beat the speeding ticket based on a technicality. You can find out in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices whether the speed-limit signs are up to code. If they are not, then you have a mission accomplished. Also, now that there a lot of places for hidden speed cameras.
8. The judge is not there as your very good pal who wants to find you innocent. That judge is also a part of the machine for collecting revenue. So, give him a pretty good reason to find you not guilty.
9. Try to find a friend or a familiar in the police department where you live. This way you can find out when and where are the police officers. Let’s say, the day after New Year’s eve you can be rest assured that they are sleeping in the morning. Also look up for their shift patterns.
10. And finally, make some pressure over your legislators. Keep in mind that the states get solid income from giving speeding tickets. All federal initiatives for speed limit enforcement are paid from the income of the speeding tickets. So you should think twice where your money for a speeding ticket go.
Now you can be rest assured and don’t have to worry your head of getting another of the much hated piece of paper.